You, passionate about user research, meeting new people and organisations, like to travel, don’t mind living from a suitcase, you can listen, intently, for long periods, without losing focus, you can empathise with people and really dig into the details.
Me, in need of support, direction and looking for someone to share in our future, are we right for each other?
About the position
For this position, based in one of our key European or North American regions, we’re looking for a person who is passionate about User Interfaces. You will be the User Researcher that has an instrumental role in designing, implementing and owning our approach to user research.
Our software solutions have a user community of many tens of thousands of users across the globe. Our user community has a diverse range of user journeys, complex data sets and industry specific challenges that they use our solutions to support. Our user community challenges us, they demand the exceptional, they are varied and importantly, they have the right to expect an amazing user experience.
Stibo Systems are looking for a User Researcher to work with our UX organisation. You’ll work on some really large projects, some really small projects and somewhere in between. Some shall be complex, some simple, all will be challenging, trust us, we know.
In this role you will be responsible for managing and implementing Stibo Systems user research. To flourish in this position, its key that you love research and are curious about people and their behaviour. More precisely, your primary goal will be to understand the wants, needs, and priorities of our users in order to help inform our product design and improve our user experience. Your findings will feed into our organisation to shape future strategic decisions.
This means you will be directly liaising with our user community to capture insights and feedback on their experiences. Responsibility for establishing our corporate approach to user research will fall on your shoulders. In collaboration with our UX organisation, you will design and implement our user research methodology. It will be you that plans it, actions it and takes satisfaction in its success.
Liaising with our development teams to articulate your findings and ensure continued improvements in our user experience falls to you as well. You will have direct contact with our customer community, at all levels, so if you are shy and retiring, prepare yourself.
Objectives and responsibilities:
The position reports to the Director of User Experience. International travel will be required, and the role will require you to play a role in customer facing activities.
- Design, implement and own our approach to User Research
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined agile team to design user focussed and successful services
- Plan, design, and conduct user research to focus the design and development on user needs
- Contribute to the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
- Work very closely with client insight and research teams to deliver relevant and appropriate research plans
- Work closely with designers and developers to turn user insights into actionable design or service recommendations
- Present findings and related design/business recommendations and user insights to project stakeholders
- Work with designers to design content by taking complex language and processes and making them simple to understand
- Apply knowledge in human factors, rapid ethnography and the user-centred design process to product and service design
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally
The essential skills we are looking for are:
- Knowledge and experience of user-centred design practices
- Previous experience as a User Researcher/ UX Researcher/ User Experience Researcher
- Experience of creating research strategies and approaches
- Experience of managing and analysing usability test sessions, and facilitating workshops
- Knowledge of human factors, ethnography, and the user-cantered design process
- Experience of audience modelling and developing design personas
- Experience with complex data and complex user journeys
- Strong understanding of usability and user experience principles in software user interfaces
- Expert understanding of qualitative user research methodologies, their benefits, costs, time frames and suitability to different stages of development as well as a good grounding in quantitative methods
- Be the driving force of user research by identifying research needs on the teams, planning, defining, conducting and reporting findings of all conducted research
- Hands on management and planning with external vendors doing UX research for us
- Ability to work in an Agile, lean environment with quick iterative research
- Working with designers to ensure that user data / research findings are incorporated into design and implementation (in an iterative manner, from first concepts through to release and after)
- Making sure that the findings of user research help inform the business strategy, engineering / product road maps and data analytics team
- Ability to travel internationally
- Strong written and oral communication skills are an absolute must with an ability to present and summarise information to diverse audiences
- Degree in Information Science or similar
- Educational background in Human Computer Interaction or social science with an emphasis on research (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience of qualitative and quantitative research including user testing and focus groups
- Exposure to complex data and diverse user journeys
- Knowledge of Master Data Management approaches and technologies
- Experience working with engineering teams and advocate for the User
- Ability to brainstorm, sketch ideas or wireframes is a plus
- Experience working with research tools
- An understanding of UX software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Zeplin
Stibo Systems is offering
A challenging position, where you as an individual will have a key role in influencing our service offering to our stakeholders.
You are offered an academically inspiring and motivating work environment with excellent opportunities for personal development, initiative and operationalization of your ideas.
About Stibo Systems
Stibo Systems believes the future of business requires a Digital Business Core™ of operational data that is continuously shaped and delivered to produce superior business outcomes. Stibo Systems is the driving force behind hundreds of forward-thinking companies around the world who have unlocked the full value of their information; empowering business users to act with confidence in their data, adapt quickly to changing market conditions and go beyond to anticipate what’s next. Stibo Systems is a privately held subsidiary of the Stibo A/S group, originally founded in 1794. Its corporate headquarters is located in Aarhus, Denmark. For more information, visit www.stibosystems.com.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and a brief application summary of why you believe that you will be the right person for this role to EMEAjobs@stibosystems.com.
Stibo Systems is operating an employee referral policy - if you would like to recommend any person in your personal network then please feel free to forward this Job Specification. Existing Stibo Systems employees or employee referrals - If you are interested then please apply directly to email@example.com
We, Stibo Systems, look forward to receiving your application and assure you that this position will be treated as a matter of importance and urgency.