Location: Atlanta, GA
You’re the person that gets all excited when you see an awesome navigation concept, you love to explore the impact that design has on user experience. If you are ready for a challenge and you want to play a crucial role in defining the next generation of user interfaces for Stibo Systems, you could be just the person we are looking for.
About the position
We are looking for a talented User Experience Designer that can help to shape the future of Stibo Systems user-centric solutions and experiences across our product lines. As well as being responsible for delivering excellence in your designs around user experience, you will be working closely with our UX organization, our developers and wider teams to ensure we deliver world-class experiences within our solutions.
You will be instrumental in developing solutions to challenges, imagining your own designs and working within our design system and language. As well as translating that into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, storyboards and the typical artifacts that you would expect to manage.
Our software user interfaces are the touch point between our software and our user community, so it’s vital that we deliver a user interface experience that captivates and engages with our users. You will be designing solutions for a diverse range of user journeys and industry-specific challenges.
Objectives and responsibilities:
The position reports to the Director of User Experience. International travel will be required, and the role will require you to play a role in customer-facing activities.
Understandably, you’d want to know a little about the role:
- You will be expected to support activities that relate to researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for our software user interface solutions
- Collaborate with our product management and engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the solution direction, visuals, and experience
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for mobile and desktop devices and interfaces
- You will be required to design solutions to complex user journeys and requirements within the framework of our design system
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to new and existing functions, features and capabilities
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs
- Facilitate design workshops and support user testing and research sessions
- Work within Scrum environments and agile process flows
- Promote quality design, best practices, and standards in our solutions
The essential skills we are looking for are:
- Sufficient technical background to understand technical capabilities and limitations
- Understanding of user needs and how to design services that meet them
- Ability to generate new and useful user insight, helping to ensure that quality products and services are delivered that meet the needs of our users and other stakeholders
- Track record of collaborative working with content teams, developers, data analysts, subject specialists, and external suppliers to create new digital products and services
- Excellent communications skills and ability to present research findings and design solutions in a creative and compelling way, tailored to the needs of the audience
- Significant experience of user-centered design practices
- Confident working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation
- Expertise in UX software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, Zeplin and the like is a must.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with distributed teams and other stakeholders, to regularly deliver design solutions
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Proven experience in UX projects and user-centric design involving large data volumes and complexity
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience, and passion for user-centered design practices for user interface, web, service or software development
- Proven experience of understanding user needs for content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys and data structures
- Strong design portfolio of complex screens and information architectures that show an innovative approach to interface design solutions
- Proven experience of designing, facilitating and analyzing contextual research studies
- Experience of audience modeling and developing data-driven personas
- Flexibility and adaptability to support an ever-changing environment
- Degree in Information Science or similar
- Experience from a similar role at a software company or software related projects
- Good documentation skills
Stibo Systems is offering
A challenging position which is new to Stibo Systems, where you as an individual will have a key role in shaping and influencing our user interface as well as assuming responsibility for defining and owning our corporate strategy around user experience.
You are offered an academically inspiring and motivating work environment with excellent opportunities for personal development, initiative and operationalization of your ideas.
About Stibo Systems
Stibo Systems is the global leader in Master Data Management solutions. Over the last 30 years, we have helped growth-directed executive teams in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, travel and hospitality, automotive and grocery industries manage their technical and operational information on a global scale. Our client base of market-leading companies includes GE, Sears, Siemens, Walmart, Target and Fujitsu.
Our Stability and Rich History Dates Back to 1794. We may be a rapidly growing company, but we’re also a stable organization with a rich history. Our parent company, Stibo A/S, was founded in 1794 to serve the Royal House of Denmark and is still privately held. (Yes, you could say that we’re the world’s oldest software company!)
We also believe in giving back. Stibo A/S is a foundation whose charter is ensuring the long-term development and survival of the company and contributing to the community. Since 1965, all company profits have been reinvested in the business and in charitable organizations throughout the world.