About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Product Manager to drive products from concept to commercialization. Our teams build enterprise grade software products to enable innovation and assist consumer packaged goods manufacturers achieve faster go to market results. As a Product Manager, you will develop the product strategy and deliver detailed, crisp business requirements that will define the product vision. You will own building detailed product roadmaps, market requirements and business problem analysis and being the industry expert and product champion within the organization. This role is inherently cross-functional. You will work closely with product line directors, product managers, technical product managers, UX and engineering teams in an agile environment launching new features and experiences. Other key responsibilities include monitoring the execution of the development project, providing project progress to stakeholders, and pushing for appropriate levels of quality to maintain the overall integrity of the product. The right candidate possesses a strong background in CPG (preferably in food and formulation) and has functional knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (FlexPLM, Centric PLM, Bamboo Rose, etc.) and Master Data Management software (STEP, Informatica, etc.) The candidate must understand how user-experience and product management blends together for building better software products and winning over buyers and business users. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment. The candidate should have a track record of timely delivery of software projects, be willing to dig in and get the job done and providing input to speed up key decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information science, business or related field.
- Identify and analyze PLM product opportunities for their commercial impact and competitive differentiation.
- Be an expert as it relates to the market problem & trends, business needs and adoption habits of PLM customers.
- Analyze competitive landscape.
- Assist with go-to-market activities for each release.
- Build a personal presence in the market and analyst communities to drive and influence market leadership.
- Provide and communicate a clear vision that explains the market problem statements, user goals and their processes that the solution will meet.
- Establish and drive clear priorities for product roadmap.
- Validate and refine requirements with selected prospects to ensure marketability.
- Define product position and key messages to support significant marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for the “WHAT” & “WHY” of the Product roadmap.
- Manage product evolution via defined roadmap that drives revenue & profitability.
- Define near, mid and long-term roadmap vision that drives client acquisition and retention.
- Manage/oversee product releases to ensure requirements are met and within budget.
- Develop client/prospect working group to drive and prioritize roadmap.
- Support direct sales with key client/prospect opportunities that help establish the offering/capability in the market and support handoff to sales, engineering and services.
- Develop the required sales tools, artifacts in collaboration with product marketing & marketing communications.
- Strong written and verbal communication and persuasion skills.
- Travel required 30%.
- Master’s degree in business or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in consumer-packaged goods and food & formulation industry.
- Prior experience working as a product manager in CPG, food or for a grocery retailer.
- Solid understanding of Product Lifecycle Management and Master Data Management software, processes and principles and go to market practices.
- Experience operating in a global environment.