Paris, October 19 – Starting in 2008, Schneider Electric designed, implemented and deployed a homegrown Product Information Management (PIM) system. In 2016, the company chose Stibo Systems, along with CGI as an integrator, to modernize the legacy PIM by rebuilding it on top of Stibo Systems’ off the shelf software solution.
The Stibo Systems Product MDM Solution
Over the last decade, Schneider Electric put considerable effort into deploying its Product Master Data Management System (MDM) across the enterprise, including governance for Offer Master Data. Schneider’s goal was simple: allow Lines of Business to collect data related to commercial offers and publish it to a wide range of internal players and external partners.
Since its launch in April 2018, the Product MDM software from Stibo Systems has proven to be beneficial to the Schneider Electric teams. Benefits include:
- Advanced capabilities: Features include power search and online/offline interactions
- User experience focus: Easy to use Web interface even for sophisticated features
- Customer oriented: Strong commitment from support and R&D teams to make the scaled deployment of the new Product MDM a success
- Scalable: Ability to quickly model and deploy high business value features (e.g. many variants of product relationships were introduced to give Schneider Electric customers with a great user experience when using the company’s websites and mobile apps).
« The global dimension and the ambitions of the product MDM project of Schneider Electric represents a unique opportunity for Stibo Systems to demonstrate the versatility and the scalability of our MDM solutions. », explains Frédéric Marie, CEO France of Stibo Systems.
The new Schneider Electric PIM
The development and deployment of the new PIM system represents a significant investment for Schneider Electric over a 3-year period. The company revamped its PIM for 5 reasons:
- Leverage a rich solution from a world-leading provider in the Product Information Management systems domain
- Deploy a company-wide solution that all business units and Schneider brands will use
- Master the complete lifecycle of a commercial offer across time (from product launch to obsolescence) and geography (from originating business units to sales organization in 100+ countries)
- Instantly push new updates related to commercial offers and make them available to Schneider Electric partners and distributors on their website and mobile app
- Extend the variety of offer data flows that Schneider Electric provides its partners by complying with the most recent and advanced industry standards (like BMECat, ETIM or ECl@ss basic/ ECl@ss advanced). This enables Industry 4.0 best practices like automation of electric panel assembly or enriching Building Information Modeling (BIM) with highly valuable information about the electrical/automation equipment of new buildings
“As a world leader in energy management and automation in homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries, Schneider Electric offers a broad spectrum of products and solutions to the market. With Stibo Systems’ Master Data Management solution, we are able to consistently describe and organize this rich product portfolio without compromising the accuracy or coverage of our product master data. This is key to providing our customers and partners with reliable and comprehensive data that support their businesses.” explains Yves Timoner, VP Product E2E Data Mgt Digital Data Hub - Schneider Digital Schneider Electric.
About Stibo Systems
Stibo Systems believes the future of business requires a Digital Business Core™ of operational data that is continuously shaped and delivered to produce superior business outcomes. Stibo Systems is the driving force behind hundreds of forward-thinking companies around the world who have unlocked the full value of their information; empowering business users to act with confidence in their data, adapt quickly to changing market conditions and go beyond to anticipate what’s next. Stibo Systems is a privately held subsidiary of the Stibo A/S group, originally founded in 1794. Its corporate headquarters is located in Aarhus, Denmark. For more information, visit www.stibosystems.com/fr.
Among its international customers, Stibo Systems counts on large multinational corporations like Bol.com, Brady, Conrad, Colruyt, Distrilec, Geberit, The Home Depot, John Lewis, KingFisher, AG2R, Auchan, Casino, Engie INEO, Lapeyre, Legrand Leroy Merlin, LeShop.ch, Lyreco, Manutan, Saint-Gobain Distribution, Schneider Electric, Truffaut, MotherCare, Office Depot, Sears, Target.au, Walmart, GE Healthcare, Hilti, Osram, Siemens, Sony, SRAM, Thule or Zehnder.
Stibo Systems operates world-wide with 20 offices (Europe, North America, South America and APAC)
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. Learn more at www.schneider-electric.com
L’AgenceRP : Clotilde Riffault & Mélanie Caro – 06 87 76 77 48 - 06 69 31 12 25
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org