Location: Kennesaw, Ga
You, passionate about user research, meeting new people and organizations, like to travel, you can listen, intently, for long periods, without losing focus, you can empathize with people and really dig into the details.
Me, in need of support, direction and looking for someone to share in our future, are we right for each other?
About the position
For this position, based in our offices in Kennesaw, Ga (soon Windy Hill) we’re looking for a person who is passionate about User Interfaces. You will be the User Researcher that has an instrumental role in helping to shape our approach to user research and our interaction with our user community.
Our software solutions have a user community of many tens of thousands of users across the globe. Our user community has a diverse range of user journeys, complex data sets and industry specific challenges that they use our solutions to support. Our user community challenges us, they demand the exceptional, they are varied and importantly, they have the right to expect an amazing user experience.
Stibo Systems are looking for a User Researcher to work with our UX organization. You’ll work on some really large projects, some really small projects and somewhere in between. Some shall be complex, some simple, all will be challenging, trust us, we know.
To flourish in this position, its key that you love research and are curious about people and their behavior. More precisely, your primary goal will be to understand the wants, needs, and priorities of our users in order to help inform our product design and improve our user experience. Your findings will feed into our organization to shape future strategic decisions.
This means you will be directly liaising with our user community to capture insights and feedback on their experiences.
Liaising with our development teams to articulate your findings and ensure continued improvements in our user experience falls to you as well. You will have direct contact with our customer community, at all levels, so if you are shy, prepare yourself.
Travel: up to 40%
Objectives and responsibilities:
The position reports to the Director of User Experience. Some International travel will be required, and the role will require you to play a role in customer facing activities.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined agile team to design user focused and successful services
- Plan, design, and conduct user research to focus the design and development on user needs
- Contribute to the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
- Work very closely with client insight and research teams to deliver relevant and appropriate research plans
- Work closely with designers and developers to turn user insights into actionable design or service recommendations
- Present findings and related design/business recommendations and user insights to project stakeholders
- Work with designers to design content by taking complex language and processes and making them simple to understand
- Apply knowledge in human factors, rapid ethnography and the user-centered design process to product and service design
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally
The essential skills we are looking for are:
- Knowledge and experience of user-centered design practices
- Previous experience as a User Researcher/ UX Researcher
- Experience of creating research strategies and approaches
- Experience of managing and analyzing usability test sessions, and facilitating workshops
- Knowledge of human factors, ethnography, and the user-centered design process
- Experience of audience modelling and developing design personas
- Experience with complex data and complex user journeys
- Strong understanding of usability and user experience principles in software user interfaces
- Expert understanding of qualitative user research methodologies, their benefits, costs, time frames and suitability to different stages of development as well as a good grounding in quantitative methods
- Be the driving force of user research by identifying research needs on the teams, planning, defining, conducting and reporting findings of all conducted research
- Hands on management and planning with external vendors doing UX research for us
- Ability to work in an Agile, lean environment with quick iterative research
- Working with designers to ensure that user data / research findings are incorporated into design and implementation (in an iterative manner, from first concepts through to release and after)
- Making sure that the findings of user research help inform the business strategy, engineering / product road maps and data analytics team
- Ability to travel internationally
- Strong written and oral communication skills are an absolute must with an ability to present and summarize information to diverse audiences
- Degree in Information Science or similar experience
- Educational background in Human Computer Interaction or social science with an emphasis on research (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience of qualitative and quantitative research including user testing and focus groups
- Exposure to complex data and diverse user journeys
- Knowledge of Master Data Management approaches and technologies
- Experience working with engineering teams and advocate for the User
- Ability to brainstorm, sketch ideas or wireframes is a plus
- Experience working with research tools
- An understanding of UX software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Zeplin
Stibo Systems is offering
A challenging position, where you as an individual will have a key role in influencing our service offering to our stakeholders.
You are offered an academically inspiring and motivating work environment with excellent opportunities for personal development, initiative and operationalization of your ideas.
This position is based at our offices in Kennesaw, Georgia.
About Stibo Systems
Stibo Systems is the global leader in Master Data Management solutions. Over the last 30 years, we have helped growth-directed executive teams in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, travel and hospitality, automotive and grocery industries manage their technical and operational information on a global scale. Our client base of market-leading companies includes GE, Sears, Siemens, Walmart, Target and Fujitsu.
By linking product, supplier and other informational assets through an integrated process, our STEP platform streamlines the process of gathering, managing and sharing operational intelligence across the enterprise. This creates a single trusted source of strategic information and turns departmental knowledge into an enterprise-wide asset, resulting in increased profitability, reduced risk and enhanced agility.
Our Stability and Rich History Dates Back to 1794
We may be a rapidly growing company, but we’re also a stable organization with a rich history. Our parent company, Stibo A/S, was founded in 1794 to serve the Royal House of Denmark and is still privately held. (Yes, you could say that we’re the world’s oldest software company!)
We also believe in giving back. Stibo A/S is a foundation whose charter is ensuring the long-term development and survival of the company and contributing to the community. Since 1965, all company profits have been reinvested in the business and in charitable organizations throughout the world.