Do you have strong UI design skills, flair for intuitive, user-friendly and efficient interfaces? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, international and agile environment? Do you have a passion for usability and can you stand your ground in front of developers with a different perspective – then please read on...
Stibo Systems is looking for a UI designer to our Product Delivery organization. Our new colleague will take active part in our Product Development process as a link between the business and the R&D team. As UI Designer, you will drive UI design development of our complex web-based software application to ensure state of the art solutions. This involves communicating with many different roles, from end-users to Product Management, Product Delivery and R&D.
Our product development process is agile, based on Scrum methodology and as UI designer you will have opportunity to greatly influence how customers experience and interact with our software.
Objectives and responsibilities:
The position of Sales Executive reports to VP, Product Delivery. Some international travel may be required.
Your primary objectives are as follows:
- Direct and drive UI design development ensuring ease-of-use, efficiency, good interface flow, as well as a state-of-the art look & feel
- Provide input and direction on web-based software application standards and platforms for functionality, layout and design elements
- Interact with Product Management, Product Delivery, R&D, as well as end-users, both internal and at customers to continuously improve our application
- Stay up-to-date with technologies and trends for web-based software applications
- Gather UI/UX requirements from end-users and translate these into application designs in cooperation with our Technical Product Managers
Core professional skills and personal competencies:
- Commercial UI design experience in roles that include web-based software application design with a focus on large scale rich internet/intranet applications
- Proven success in delivering complex web-based applications to end users from analysis and design through delivery and follow-up
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and process flows
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Knowledge of various web-based software application platforms and technologies including CSS/CSS3
- A desire to drive us towards better UX through process and tooling
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with multiple teams and audiences such as management, customer representatives, end-users and developers
- Ability to work independently, including taking initiative and ownership of assigned tasks
- Well organized, very detail oriented and able to prioritize numerous tasks
- Experienced in working with remote teams in different time zones
- Mobile/responsive application UI design experience
- Graphics design experience in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with software development life cycle including Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of web-based software building tools such as GWT or AngularJS
- A degree, training and/or certifications in Interactive Design or Usability
Stibo Systems is offering
A new and challenging position giving you a key role in UI/UX design.
You are offered an academically inspiring and motivating work environment with excellent opportunities for initiative and operationalization of your ideas as well as personal development. This position is based in Aarhus (Højbjerg).
About Stibo Systems
Stibo Systems is the global leader in Master Data Management solutions. Over the last 30 years, we have helped growth-directed executive teams in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, travel and hospitality, automotive and grocery industries manage their technical and operational information on a global scale. Our client base of market-leading companies includes GE, Sears, Siemens, Walmart, Target and Fujitsu.
By linking product, supplier and other informational assets through an integrated process, our STEP platform streamlines the process of gathering, managing and sharing operational intelligence across the enterprise. This creates a single trusted source of strategic information and turns departmental knowledge into an enterprise-wide asset, resulting in increased profitability, reduced risk and enhanced agility.
Our Stability and Rich History Dates Back to 1794
We may be a rapidly growing company, but we’re also a stable organization with a rich history. Our parent company, Stibo A/S, was founded in 1794 to serve the Royal House of Denmark and is still privately held. (Yes, you could say that we’re the world’s oldest software company!)
We also believe in giving back. Stibo A/S is a foundation whose charter is ensuring the long-term development and survival of the company and contributing to the community. Since 1965, all company profits have been reinvested in the business and in charitable organizations throughout the world.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and a brief application summary of why you believe that you will be the right person for this role to EMEAjobs@stibosystems.com.
Stibo Systems is operating an employee referral policy - if you would like to recommend any person in your personal network then please feel free to forward their details onto us. Existing Stibo Systems employees or employee referrals - If you are interested then please apply directly to email@example.com. You may also contact Kim Christensen on mobile no. +44 7768 635 076 should you have any questions in relation to this role.
We, Stibo Systems, look forward to receiving your application and assure you that this position will be treated as a matter of importance and urgency.