The Project Accountant role will be a critical operational role to support the growth of Stibo Systems’ North American and South American business. Reporting to the CFO for the Americas, the Project Accountant will partner closely with the Professional Services organization to execute the financial reporting on risk and correctly forecast revenues and project profitability. In addition, the Project Accountant will assist with monthly close tasks and prepare certain reporting for the overall company.
The successful candidate will consistently deliver high-quality data to the CFO and the organization and will be proactive in search for improvements in processes and financial analysis, as business acumen rapidly increases. Certain flair for ERP and Business Intelligence software use is also important.
Stibo Systems actively supports the relocation of high performance employees for development opportunities abroad. The role includes some international travel.
Partnering with Professional Services
- Support Professional Services organization with reporting
- Project controlling with PMs, project health reporting
- Project Invoicing
- Understand the project setup and impact in Maconomy (ERP system), inter-company hours and expenses
- Support in Budgeting and PL reporting, as needed
- Cost and accrual analyses in monthly closings
- Revenues control (backlog forecasting)
- Month-end Closing and Post-Closing Analysis
- Prepare input for financial statements that will be analyzed with the CFO
- Monthly License, Services, Support revenue controlling
- Monthly update / Quarterly review on Support revenue (with Account Manager's input)
- Business Intelligence Software (Targit) super user
Other Duties (backup for Accounting)
- Cross trained to support activities of other financial/accounting processes
- Knowledge of approval flows for expenses
- Basic accounting tasks
- Account reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, accruals and explanation of variations
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience with financial controlling and analysis, preferably in a Professional Services environment
- Solves problems with business acumen, strong analytical skills, creative thinking and innovation
- Demonstrates IT proficiency: Strong Excel skills, and experience with ERP and BI tools
- Spanish is not a requirement, but proficient Spanish is a plus.