You’re the person that gets all excited when you see an awesome navigation concept, you love to explore the impact that design has on user experience. If you are ready for a challenge and you want to play a crucial role in defining the next generation of user interfaces for Stibo Systems, you could be just the person we are looking for.
About the position
We are looking for a talented Lead User Experience Designer that can help to shape the future of Stibo Systems user centric solutions and experiences across our product lines. As well as being responsible for conceiving and implementing corporate standards around user experience, you will be working with our UX organisation, our developers and wider teams to define how we apply standards and methodologies within our solutions.
You will be instrumental in defining our approach to research, working across our product lines to define our strategy and processes. As well as translating that into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, storyboards and the typical artefacts that you would expect to manage.
The position is a senior one within our business, taking ownership of operating principals and standards, you will be expected to be the evangelist of those standards. Offering guidance and best practice but most of all, ensuring conformity to our corporate strategic approach to our solutions.
It’s a very hands on role as well, you should expect to be the lead contributor as we establish our approach to user experience and define the next generation of user interface, setting the direction and methods that will allow us to deliver an unrivalled user experience. It’s a given that you are well versed in working with external organisations that can support research activities and help to set the future path.
Objectives and responsibilities:
The position reports to the Director of User Experience. International travel will be required and the role will require you to play a role in customer facing activities.
Understandably, you’d want to know a little about the role:
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for our solutions
- Collaborate with our product management and engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the solution direction, visuals and experience
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for mobile and desktop devices and interfaces
- Define and communicate visual style language and style guides for our solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to new and existing functions, features and capabilities
- Establish taxonomy, information architecture, navigational structures and user interface patterns which address user needs
- Own and take responsibility for corporate standards and designs across all of our solutions
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs
- Facilitate design workshops and support user testing and research sessions
- Establish and promote quality design, best practices and standards in our solutions
- Act as a conscience and enabler to ensure the correct techniques, patterns and practices are employed to ensure the quality and consistency of our solutions
The essential skills we are looking for are:
- Able to help lead, inspire and encourage a design way of thinking in the organisation
- Sufficient technical background to understand technical capabilities and limitations
- Understanding of user needs and how to design services that meet them
- Ability to generate new and useful user insight, helping to ensure that quality products and services are delivered that meet the needs of our users and other stakeholders
- Track record of collaborative working with content teams, developers, data analysts, subject specialists and external suppliers to create new digital products and services
- Excellent communications skills and ability to present research findings in a creative and compelling way, tailored to the needs of the audience
- Significant experience of user centred design practices and implementing QA process for designs
- Experience of developing and implementing a UX strategy
- Confident using a range of technologies
- Confident working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation
- Expertise in UX software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, Zeplin and the like is a must.
- Work within Scrum environments and agile process flows
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with distributed teams and other stakeholders, to regularly deliver design solutions
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- The ability to define and own best practices to development activities and to end user communities
- Proven experience in UX projects and user centric design involving large data volumes and complexity
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience and passion for user-centred design practices for user interface, web, service or software development
- Proven experience of understanding user needs for content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys and data structures
- Strong design portfolio of complex screens and information architectures that show an innovative approach to interface design solutions
- Proven experience of designing, facilitating and analysing contextual research studies
- Proven experience of designing, facilitating and analysing usability and accessibility test sessions
- Experience of audience modelling and developing data-driven personas
- A strategic thinker with the ability to interact with stakeholders at a variety of levels and across functions, who can manage expectations to ensure objectives are met
- Flexibility and adaptability to support an ever changing environment
- Degree in Information Science or similar
- Experience from a similar role at a software company or software related projects
- Good documentation skills
Stibo Systems is offering
A challenging position which is new to Stibo Systems, where you as an individual will have a key role in shaping and influencing our user interface as well as assuming responsibility for defining and owning our corporate strategy around user experience.
You are offered an academically inspiring and motivating work environment with excellent opportunities for personal development, initiative and operationalization of your ideas.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and a brief application summary of why you believe that you will be the right person for this role to EMEAjobs@stibosystems.com.
We, Stibo Systems, look forward to receiving your application and assure you that this position will be treated as a matter of importance and urgency.