Location: Aarhus, Denmark
We are looking for an innovative leader to join us and be part of our next generation product development. As part of the R&D department of Stibo Systems you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and leading teams behind the development of various strategic projects being part of the roadmap for the MDM system of Stibo Systems, called STEP. You will be in the lead of an international competence pool of Software Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers based in Aarhus, Denmark and Gdansk, Poland.
Objectives and responsibilities
The position of R&D Section Manager reports to Head of R&D, the overall responsible for the development and quality assurance of STEP. Today, the continuously growing R&D team dealing with STEP consists of 5 sections.
Your primary objectives are as follows:
- Lead, mentor and support one of the R&D sections with approximately 17 professionals, consisting of software developers, software architects, and quality assurance engineers.
- Work closely with Technical Delivery Managers located in different countries to ensure successful start-up execution and completion of the strategic product development projects
- Ensure that the capacity of the section is utilized in an optimal manner by supporting communication of the product vision, and proactively identify and remove impediments
- Divide your section into “Scrum teams”, appoint a Scrum Master for each Scrum team, and facilitate via these Scrum Masters the best practices of the Scrum process, e.g., daily stand-up, Agile planning, reviews, retrospectives, etc. to ensure overall team health and team transparency
- Identify areas of continuous improvement and drive execution of changes
- Oversee effective development estimations across Scrum teams to drive realistic delivery timescales, enabled by transparent team velocity measures
- Communicate and implement company policies, guidelines, values, strategies, and objectives
Travel activity of approximately 25 days per annum should be expected, primarily anchored in the European region. Some US travel will be required.
Core professional skills and personal competencies
- Technical knowledge and experience in software research and development; using the best practices in the development process as well as an understanding of the Scrum methodology
- Experience of leading high performing teams producing high-quality development deliverables
- Proven leadership, project management and planning skills
- Problem solver with a pragmatic, evangelist approach
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Experience of working in an international environment, good team player
- Innovative mind
Stibo Systems is offering
A challenging position, where you as a leader will have a key role in R&D.
You are offered an academically inspiring and motivating work environment with excellent opportunities for personal development, initiative and operationalization of your ideas.
In collaboration with the Stibo Accelerator, Stibo Systems offers introduction courses focusing on different technologies throughout the year, so there’s plenty of opportunity to stimulate your curiosity for new tech and new approaches to software development keeping you updated on advancements in the world of software tech.
About Stibo Systems
Stibo Systems believes the future of business requires a Digital Business Core™ of operational data that is continuously shaped and delivered to produce superior business outcomes. Stibo Systems is the driving force behind hundreds of forward-thinking companies around the world who have unlocked the full value of their information; empowering business users to act with confidence in their data, adapt quickly to changing market conditions and go beyond to anticipate what’s next. Stibo Systems is a privately held subsidiary of the Stibo A/S group, originally founded in 1794. Its corporate headquarters is located in Aarhus, Denmark. For more information, visit www.stibosystems.com.Our stability and rich history date back to 1794
We may be a rapidly growing company, but we are also a stable organization with a rich history. Our parent company, Stibo A/S, was founded in 1794 to serve the Royal House of Denmark and is still privately owned. (Yes, you could say that we are the world’s oldest software company!)
We also believe in giving back. Stibo A/S is a foundation whose charter is to ensure the long-term development and survival of the company and contribute to the community. Since 1965, all company profits have been reinvested in the business and in charitable organizations throughout the world.
Apply as soon as possible
Stibo Systems is collaborating with recruiting company WolterJohannsen for this position. If you wish to apply, please upload your CV along with a short application in English. External consultant, Nicholai Johannsen, will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position on phone number +45 30 36 49 51 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.