Location: Kennesaw, Ga (we will be relocating to the Windy Hill area)
We are looking for a designer to join a world-leading global software company. Our US headquarters is based in Kennesaw, Atlanta, GA.
About the opportunity
Our continued business growth means that our UX Organization also has to grow and we need to find even more talented people to help us to deliver amazing user experiences. Stibo Systems software is used globally by the world’s largest enterprises and we are committed to providing our users with an engaging, elegant and intuitive experience.
We are looking for someone who has a well-rounded grasp of both user experience and user interface visual design disciplines. Sometimes your projects will be very user experience focused, sometimes they will be more visual design focused, it varies.
This role is a great opportunity to join a team that is working to shape and influence the future direction of our software experience. The designer will have worked on projects where UX research and testing as well as visual design has also been part of their responsibility.
As a designer, you will have experience in the following aspects:
- Industry experience working with complex use cases and design requirements.
- Working with Agile, Lean UX methodologies and the concept of MVP.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate the visual design process, ideas and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
- Basic understanding of Front End technologies such as HTML, CSS and REACT would be an added bonus.
- Be used to working with Product Management, development teams and product-specific requirements to support different solutions.
We shall expect you to be able to talk through examples in your portfolio that demonstrate:
- Design system thinking and familiarity developing for and working within a design system and style guides.
- Responsive product, service or platform design.
- User-centered Design approach to UX and UI visual design with attention to detail on patterns to create elegant, intuitive experiences.
Objectives and responsibilities:
The position reports to the Director of User Experience. International travel will be required (approx. 2x/year) and the role will require you to participate in customer-facing activities.
About the role:
- Projects will be across our product solution so our projects will be varied and challenging
- You will work with product managers, developers and your colleagues to understand and deliver solutions
- You will be expected to support activities that relate to researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for our software user interface solutions
- Deliver designs and solutions based on your own design thinking as well as the overall design roadmap
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for mobile and desktop devices and interfaces
- You will be required to design solutions to complex user journeys and requirements within the framework of our design system
- Make design and user-experience decisions related to new and existing functions, features and capabilities
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs
- Facilitate design workshops and support user testing and research sessions
- Work within Scrum environments and agile process flows
- Promote quality design, best practices and standards in our solutions
The essential skills we are looking for are:
- At least 5-10 years of relevant experience. Because we are building out this practice, we are looking for professionals who can take charge and lead within our organization.
- Enough technical background to understand technical capabilities and limitations
- Understanding of user needs and how to design services that meet them
- Ability to generate new and useful user insight, helping to ensure that quality products and services are delivered that meet the needs of our users and other stakeholders
- Track record of collaborative working with content teams, developers, data analysts, subject specialists and external suppliers to create new digital products and services
- Strong design portfolio of complex screens and information architectures that show an innovative approach to interface design solutions
- Eye for clean, intuitive and exacting design
- Excellent communications skills and ability to present findings and design solutions in a creative and compelling way, tailored to the needs of the audience
- Significant experience of user centred design practices
- Confident working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation
- Expertise in UX software such as Sketch, Zeplin, the Adobe product suite and the like is a must.
- Be committed to resolving user pain points through great design
- Be passionate about all things User Experience and User Interface Design
- Proven experience of understanding user needs for content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys and data structures
- Experience of designing, facilitating and analyzing contextual research studies
- Experience of audience modeling and developing data-driven personas
- Degree in Information Science or similar
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Proven experience in UX projects and user-centric design involving large data volumes and complexity
¨ Experience in rapid prototyping - You’ll understand the need to prototype - and will be capable of building usable and relevant prototypes to demonstrate your concepts
- Skilled at responsive layouts and up to date with current typography and color theory
- Experience of designing for accessibility
Stibo Systems is offering
A challenging position where you as an individual will have a key role in delivering user experiences for our software solutions.
You are offered an academically inspiring and motivating work environment with excellent opportunities for personal development, initiative and operationalization of your ideas.