Are you passionate about unleashing the potential of Master Data Management within a world market leading, international organisation? Are you a visionary leader driving innovation in your team through inspiration? Do you thrive on being in an international organisation with colleagues coming from various cultural backgrounds? Then please read on…
We are looking for an innovative leader to join us and be part of our next generation product development. As part of the R&D department of Stibo Systems you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and leading teams behind the development of various strategic projects being part of the roadmap for the MDM system of Stibo Systems. You will be in the lead of an international competence pool of Software Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers based in Gdansk, Poland and Aarhus, Denmark.
Objectives and responsibilities:
The position of R&D Section Manager reports to Head of R&D.
Your primary objectives are as follows:
- Lead, mentor and support a software development section of approximately 15 professionals, consisting of newly hired Developers/QA Engineers and experienced Architects/ Developers.
- Work closely with Technical Delivery Managers located in different countries to ensure successful completion of the strategic product development projects
- Support communication of the product vision, proactively identify and remove impediments and maintain section in focus
- Divide your section into “Scrum teams”, appoint a Scrum Master for each Scrum team, and facilitate via these Scrum Masters the best practices of the Scrum process, e.g., daily stand-up, Agile planning, reviews, retrospectives, etc. to ensure overall team health and team transparency
- Establish and measure Agile Scrum team performance, quality metrics
- Identify areas of continuous improvement and drive execution of changes
- Oversee effective development estimations across Scrum teams to drive realistic delivery timescales, enabled by transparent team velocity measures
- Communicate and implement company policies, guidelines, values, strategies, and objectives
Travel activity of approximately 25 days per annum should be expected, primarily anchored in the European region. Some US travel will be required.
Core professional skills and personal competencies:
- Expert-level technical knowledge and experience in software research and development; using the best practices in the development process as well as an understanding of the Scrum method.
- Excellent leadership skills: extensive experience of leading high performing teams producing high-quality development deliverables.
- Proven leadership, project management and planning skills
- Problem solver with a pragmatic, evangelist approach
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Experience of working in an international environment, good team player
- Innovative mind
Stibo Systems is offering
- You will be able to play a central role in a very dynamic R&D department
- You are invited to join a globally successful company with a lot of ambition and ideas to grow even further in the nearest future
- You can influence and have a direct impact on the development of the product owned by the client and work for customers, which include a number of the world’s largest companies
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
About Stibo Systems
Stibo Systems is the global leader in Master Data Management solutions. Over the last 30 years, we have helped growth-directed executive teams in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, travel and hospitality, automotive and grocery industries manage their technical and operational information on a global scale. We are very proud of our client base covering a large number of market-leading companies, please see http://www.stibosystems.com/clients.
By linking product, supplier and other informational assets through an integrated process, our STEP platform streamlines the process of gathering, managing and sharing operational intelligence across the enterprise. This creates a single trusted source of strategic information and turns departmental knowledge into an enterprise-wide asset, resulting in increased profitability, reduced risk and enhanced agility.
Our Stability and Rich History Dates Back to 1794
We may be a rapidly growing company, but we’re also a stable organization with a rich history. Our parent company, Stibo A/S, was founded in 1794 to serve the Royal House of Denmark and is still privately held. (Yes, you could say that we’re the world’s oldest software company!)
We also believe in giving back. Stibo A/S is a foundation whose charter is ensuring the long-term development and survival of the company and contributing to the community. Since 1965, all company profits have been reinvested in the business and in charitable organizations throughout the world.
External consultant Nicholai Johannsen handles this recruitment process on behalf of Stibo Systems. Please send your application and resume to Nicholai at firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, if you have any questions concerning this position please feel free to give Nicholai a call at +45 30364951.
We look forward to hearing from you.